October 31, 2004

the message i just sent to XM ... i'll never get a response

hello!

i love my XM radio. i take it with me everywhere. how i used to go on long road trips without it, i have no idea.

however, while i was listening yesterday afternoon, during a quick "station identification," channel 22 played a mcdonald's commercial. sure, it was maybe 2 seconds long, but it was clearly a plug for mcdonald's ... and it clearly cut in to XM's "100% commercial free music" promise.


i don't like mcdonald's, and i don't associate anything positive with that company. it probably paid a hell of a lot of money to get even a short ad on an XM station, but as an XM listener, i couldn't help but feel ripped off. don't XM customers pay a hell of a lot of money to listen to commercial-free music? i guess we don't pay quite as much. i don't plan on cancelling my service or anything, but now i'm not so excited about paying even more for XM Online.

maybe it was a fluke. maybe XM is selling out. maybe i'm just pissed off that the patriots lost to the fucking steelers ... the steelers! what kind of a world do we live in? i don't know. i just wanted to express my disappointment in a short note that i'm sure no one will read. but it makes me feel better nonetheless. :)

thanks!
-jody

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone is reading and was also amazed that the Patriots got beaten by the Steelers! What a shock! There was no cheering at 40 North Main St., you can bet on that!! Sorry you were subjected to a McDonald's commercial. I guess you weren't lovin' it! I hope you're over both of these big bummers by now and that you feel better since you got a chance to vent! Love from a shank's mare fan.

Anonymous said...

WOW.......I guess the Packer's losing really did upset you. :( I knew it would but you have to realize, even football teams have their bad days. In any case, I'm sure you feel better after venting - at least I hope you do. And now I know to never ask you to go to McD's for lunch - not that I would but....I definitely don't want to upset you anymore.