June 15, 2005

that can't be right

i've been hearing this U2 song on XM channel 22 lately, and i've really been liking it. that is, i've really been liking it until today when i realized that i've been misunderstanding the lyrics.

it's not, "sometimes you can make it on your own" ... it's "sometimes you can't make it on your own" to which, my response is: "whatever ... what's on channel 7?" [10cc; "the things we do for love"]

ok, let's get that pulse checked ... it's time for a little audience participation! i've started things off ... let's hear some of the non-lyrics you've been singing all these days, weeks, months, or years ...

why? because it's fun ... like baby shower games, but without all the taste-testing.

and, yes, everyone is well aware that CCR isn't singing about the bathroom on the right.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll appreciate Kiss This Guy.

Anonymous said...

Here you go. Picture this.... a guy running at you with his arms broken and dangling from the elbows.... "So now I come to you....with broken arms"... At least that's the way my sister described it to me when she first heard and misinterpreted the song "Open Arms", that classic 80's ballad. You know the one... "nothing to hide, believe what I say...."

Anonymous said...

That was a post from me, by the way!

Val :)

jody said...

val! do you remember the line from that duran duran song that you thought was "who ate the piece of coconut pie?" i can't think of the name of the song, but that's the line i sing whenever i hear it ...

:)

Anonymous said...

How embarrassing! I STILL don't know what that line is!! I always sing "coconut pie"....

Val:)